The Friends of Dobcross School (FODS) is a registered charity, no. 1056681.
We aim to:
- Develop more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
- Engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it.
- Provide assistance in the provision of such facilities or items for education at the school (not provided from statutory funds) as the Committee in consultation with the Governing Body shall from time to time determine.
In practice this involves organising and running social and fundraising activities. All money raised is used to fund extra things for school. Recently we have organised the following:
- Staging - £4,878.61
- Practical Maths Equipment - £1,900
- Christmas Craft Activities - £657.66
- Wet Playtime Equipment - £422
- Laptops and Software - £2,904
- PE Mat Trolley - £221.31
Future plans include the outdoor trim trail area. We are aware that this area becomes very muddy and FODS are exploring ways to help this. One way that we have explored is to place matting under and around the trim trail. However, the advice that we have received is that it will be a costly job (over £7,000) that will only be guaranteed to last for about 3-5 years. We are continuing to explore cheaper options including matting available for use in gardens and the possibility of buying sets of wellies.
Other spending that is being investigated is
- Outdoor storage
- Further software to enhance learning
- Carpets and curtains
- Reading books
- T-shirts for clubs
Our 96 club also helps to provide regular funds to school. This is also an easy way of contributing financially to school by monthly direct debit, if you don't want to get involved with other stuff. Please take time to join - "tickets" from £1 per month.
In recent years the money raised by FODS has been used to fund:
- The trim trail
- Playground equipment
- Materials for Christmas activities
- New netball posts and kit
- Coach to the Year 6 Residential
Our next meeting is on Monday 27th February at 8pm at The Swan. We would be delighted if you would like to come along and get involved.
Chair - Neil Hughes
Secretary - Deborah Lenehan
Telephone 879459 or email email@example.com
Treasurer - Glenda Hill-Wilson
96 Club - Rebecca Raftery